A dedicated software team is a practical approach to developing digital products that come in handy in different scenarios. For example, some companies engage dedicated software developers to beat the fierce competition and achieve faster time to market.
Others leverage dedicated software development services to fill the skills gap in their in-house teams. It makes the dedicated software development model a cost-effective alternative to an in-house team of software developers.
A dedicated development model helps you quickly scale your unit by adding highly skilled software developers located in various regions of the world where development rates are lower, such as Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Since these teams are dedicatedly working on one project at a time, they are called dedicated teams.
Typically, a client has direct access to their dedicated software team. On the other hand, the dedicated software engineering team vendor tackles recruitment, office space, employee retention, IT infrastructure, employee perks, and HR support.
Dedicated Software Team vs In-House Software Development Team: Which is Better?
An important reason to create a dedicated software team is the lack of local tech talent. Luckily, modern communication and management tools have enabled businesses to have a similar level of control as they have with an in-house software development team.
Another advantage of having a dedicated software team is that it can greatly speed up the software development process. For example, a study by ITWorld showed that a company needs about 8-12 weeks to build a team of coders on site. In the present day, there is a high demand for engineers who are well versed in cybersecurity, AI, software architecture, DevOps, etc. As a result, it’s getting more challenging to hire talented resources.
That’s where dedicated software teams come into play. They provide you with the best of both worlds – quality resources and immediate access to top talent. It allows you to build a team that’s on par with your in-house one. This fact alone has made companies realize the true potential of having a dedicated development team, and more and more companies are beginning to embrace this approach.
How Dedicated Software Team Works?
As mentioned above, the dedicated development team approach lives up to expectations. It’s a model where a remote team works on the client’s software project from the vendor’s office.
A dedicated software team is generally gathered by the vendor from scratch and tailored to meeting client’s project requirements. Clients have to synchronise internal and external teams while the vendor tackles candidate sourcing and establishes workflow.
Below we have uncovered some more benefits of this splendid model.
Top Advantages of Building a Dedicated Software Development Team
- Engaging a full-time software programmer in the US or Western Europe costs somewhere between $100K to $200K a year. This does not cover the cost of administration, recruitment, onboarding, and other benefits. With a dedicated software development team, forget about additional expenses that you have to bear with an in-house team since the vendor bears this cost.
- Dedicated software developers allow you to scale your team whenever your project requires additional resources. It is best suited for companies in dire need of bringing their projects up to speed to meet the timeline requirements.
- Speed up time-to-market. Accelerating development speed is another key benefit that is associated with a dedicated software team. Without distracting your in-house development team from the main project, you can tackle the adjacent project by building a dedicated team.
- Tap the pool of most sought-after developers. Another reason to build a dedicated team is that you get a variety of specialists from a vast pool of talent. For instance, in Asia, you can find plenty of devoted software developers with expertise in verticals like fintech, banking, healthcare, and more. A dedicated team model can instantly fill the skills gap that keeps you from achieving your development goals.
- Your office won’t remain open around the clock. You can find plenty of vendors in Asia like Hexa Origin Technologies, who can build teams that work in your time zone. So, the office won’t be up and running all the time. Additionally, the model will provide a lot of coverage, given that two different development teams will dedicatedly give 8 hours (16 hours a day) to your projects.
With a dedicated software team, you get to focus on your core business and vital processes. It’s proven that numerous companies have managed to bring technology solutions that had a transformative power on their business model by engaging dedicated teams.
How to Build your Dedicated Software Development Team?
When building a dedicated development team, you want to have the best-dedicated software developers who have the skills to breathe life into your project. Two major parties are involved in this process: Service Provider and Client. Generally, the responsibilities among the parties are divided in the following way:
The service provider handles talent acquisition, team building, paperwork, office space, IT infrastructure, developer retention, administration, payroll, and employee benefits.
The client is responsible for outlining the project scope, gauging team effectiveness, communication, and conveying company culture.
Now that you are aware of the all responsibilities of the two parties, the next step is to:
Step 1# Chart Out Your Requirements
Before getting in touch with a vendor, you must sit with your team to choose a tech stack and top features so the vendor can build a team of software engineers by keeping your needs in mind. Sharing other important information about your organization will help the provider in finding the developers who would prove a good fit.
Step 2# Interview the Candidates
Normally, the hiring process includes different rounds of interviews. In the first phase, the service provider’s team verifies the best candidates, which involves both technical and HR interviews. Then, the information of the candidates who made it through the interviews is shared with the client for client interviews.
During the process, you can take the service provider for a spin. Observe their company culture, approach to meet client requirements, and communication style. It will allow you to reach a decision with Hexa Origin Technologies. Also, we are open to signing an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before starting our cooperation.
Step 3# Put Your Team in Action
Once you finalize the team members, the odds are that your dedicated team will be a success. But at this stage, a lot depends on how you involve yourself in the project. Set up the processes and frequently communicate with team members. If you pick the Hexa Origin team, you get to work with the finest software engineers who have strong communication skills, a problem-solving mindset, and high technical proficiency.
Our coders have extensive experience in building digital assets that offer value and help you generate revenue.
Step 4# Frequently Gauge their Performance
How can one know that their dedicated team is working effectively? Use the criteria proposed by common team effectiveness models, such as the GRPI model and the T7 model. Aside from this, you can carry out regular surveys.